RE: Thanks to those who serve

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thanks to those who serve
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:51:58 -0700
Amen to that! It seems like the way the attack was carried out, it was almost
designed to accomplish that, which really fills me with rage. These guys are
heroes at any time, even if it is "just" going into a burning house to save
people.

I know I've been advocating restraint, and I still believe that it is the best
course for many reasons. But emotionally I've been trying to think of a suitable
death for the people responsible for this, and I can't think of anything that
meets my emotional needs. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that I
can be pretty imaginative.

But if they think that hurting us like this will make us change our policies in
the Middle East and suddenly start supporting the Arab world, they don't know
anything about this country. If anything, it has united us in our opposition to
them. And I'm sure they aren't going to enjoy the consequences.

I am concerned, though, for the many honest, moral people of Middle Eastern
descent who are living in this country. Many of their organizations are
receiving hate mail and death threats. That is one of the other reasons why we
mustn't let our emotions guide our actions. Too many atrocities have been
commited out of prejudice and emotion.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA