Re: O/T Rambling

To: "Kort, Paul" <Paul.Kort@wiltontool.com>
Subject: Re: O/T Rambling
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:39:37 -0400
Paul,

Unfortunately we have to do what we have to do and I'm sure many innocent
people will die. Unfortunately that is the price that will have to be paid
whether we like it or not.

Our stomachs will turn but I'm sure many felt those same feelings when we
bombed Dresden and Hamburgh to rubble during WWII. I have seen many films of
that "inferno" and it was not pretty at all but it was the price that had to
be paid. The same goes for Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

It's always the innocent who paid with their lives for the stupidity of
their leaders and their policies and their actions. Unfortunately the
generations born after WWII started will have to relive what our parents and
grandparents went through. We can't be wimps about it.

It reminds me of Vietnam all over again with the carpet bombing by B52s.
Unfortunately we will probably see it again.

Make no mistake the US and our allies will do what many reasonable people
will find appalling and horrific, including me.

Unfortunately that's the price of war and the continuing safety of our
nation and for that of the rest of the world.

What's so ironic is that many will die for peace. Thousands already have
done so in NY and Washington.

Mike