Re: weird electrical problems

To: sandhoff@csus.edu
Subject: Re: weird electrical problems
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:05:29 -0700
Hey John All,
        Upon closer inspection of the wires coming from the starter I
noticed that I have surprise, surprise, a totally corroded wire. I already
changed out the engine side of this harness but the other side is pretty
corroded where the wires enter the plug.  The big white wire is completly
green and nasty and I am sure is basically an open. This is probably why I was
not getting anything when I turned the key to on.  Fixing this is a  lot nicer
than
messing with a blown ampmeter.  From the looks of the corrosion I am sure
that it goes up the wire for a bit...whats the best way to fix this?? Unwrap
the harness a bit and cut the white wire back till there is no corrosion and
then
solder on a new longer piece??
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA