(OT) Dodge Polara (was Seat Belts)

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: (OT) Dodge Polara (was Seat Belts)
From: "Taro Kusunose" <tkusunose@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:54:37 -0800
We had a retired CHP Dodge Polara in the family when I was a kid, although
neither of my parents was ever in the CHP (we did live in Torrance, CA
though).  My dad still talks about how brutal it was to get 6 miles per
gallon from the thing....  Perhaps it was also poorly tuned, but it had one
beefy engine!!  There is a picture in our family album showing 3 adults
lying down side by side (COMFORTABLY) in the trunk of the car.  They don't
make family sedans like that any more....

BTW, I won't word my opinion as harshly as others have, but I firmly believe
that seatbelts save more lives than they take--even in the older cars.  If
you get flung out of a car, you're just like a motorcyclist in an accident,
but without the helmet and the leathers.  Not good.  In the end, it's your
choice; but that's my 2 bits....

Taro in Seattle
Roadster owner and motorcyclist