Grinders and polishers advice needed

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grinders and polishers advice needed
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:09:31 -0800
I've wanted multiple grinding and polishing arbors for some time now but
have been put off by prices. Saturday, I bought a cheap 6'' grinder at
Pick-and-Save for $30.00. This will do for the few times I need a grinder.
But at $30.00, I was wondering if they would work as polishing arbors? At
such a low price, I could buy two more and mount buffing wheels on them.
They are 1/2 hp and turn 3450 rpm. Isn't this much too fast to turn a
buffing wheel? Would a 8'' buff fly apart at this speed? I'd like to have
two machines running a sisal, a flap, a spiral stitched and a loose buff.
I'm also thinking of having a fourth machine to turn expansion wheels for
Trizac media of 120 and 220 grit.

Any Machine shop gurus out there to steer me away from a mistake?

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles
SoCalROC http://www.ameri-eagle.com/datsun/