Re: Rear Ends

To: csp311@telia.com
Subject: Re: Rear Ends
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 17:12:30 EDT
In a message dated 09/16/2000 2:04:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
csp311@telia.com writes:

> They friction weld the axle shafts after cutting them?
>  They want a lot more than $240.- where I live to shorten
>  a solid rear axle so I'm using an IRS instead.

I had ran into someone who had an RX7 rear end shortened to fit under his
sprite or such, and he told me it cost him 180 bucks total! He mentioned that
the shop that did the housing used the jig and tooling that htey usually use
for the smaller ford rear ends in mustangs. This was in Lutherville, MD (I'm
reading the email he sent me right now.)
What sort of IRS are you going with?

\/ /\ /\/
www.sr20parts.com