Re: 2000 timing chains

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.Team.Net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2000 timing chains
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 17:33:33 -0700
Actually, Craig Hooper has been having a guy build exactly that for some time
now. Part of the
motivation for the switch (as I understand it) was that he wanted to run a
belt-driven supercharger.
The engine has been dry-sumped and the belt is external. Besides the
fabrication difficulties, I
think the biggest drawback is that it requires cutting the front portion off
the head, thus
rendering it unusable for a regular U20.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org