SU carbs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SU carbs
From: Jim Williams <jamesd_williams@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 15:31:03 -0700 (PDT)
I was having trouble getting my SU carbs to run right
on my 68 SRL-311. I found a resource some of you might
want to look into.
Pennspeed Engineering in Tempe, AZ specializes in SU
carbs and making some high performance modifications.
Don Pender, the owner works out of his "very well
equiped home garage", and does both the basics of
throttle shaft bushings and rebuilds, along with the
radical of air flowing  and changing the shape of the
plunger, streamlining the throttle butterfly, and
shaft. His own MG has a stock motor putting out over
200 HP, via modifications to the SU Carbs.  He "flows
the SU's" and gets a 40% increase in airflow... I have
my carbs in for the basics to help me get my car on
the road and pass emissions". Wish I could afford
more. 200 hp using SU's might cause quite a
contraversy among our Solex friends.  Here is some
information, Tell Don, Jim Williams sent you his way,
and maybe he will help my car out too!I will keep you
posted on the results...

Penspeed Engineering
1121 E. Wesleyan Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85282