Re: Meeting at the Top of the World

To: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Meeting at the Top of the World
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:23:53 -0600

Dan Neff wrote:

> Anybody going to the autocross Sunday in colorado springs?
>
> dan.

I'll be there and Greg Nelson plans to co-drive my 2000 in CSP.  The event is at
the World Arena.  More info and directions are at
http://www.hpi.net/~cdrscca/

6:45-8:30AM    Registration
7:00-8:45AM    Tech
8:45AM            Novice meeting and course walk
9:10AM            Drivers meeting
9:30AM            First car out

Here's a recent message from the Solo Chairman about the next event at Coors
Field:
While the next event is this coming Sunday at World Arena in Colorado Springs,
I want to tell you about plans for the August 12-13 events at Coors Field.

I have made arrangements with the SCCA National Office and the Solo II Grand
Pooh-Bah, Howard Duncan, to conduct the Saturday, August 12 event as a ProSolo
event.

Unlike a "real" Pro, this event does not require SCCA membership and the entry
fee will remain at the standard Coors event fee of $30/$35. Also unlike the
"real" ProSolo, this will be a one-day event instead of the standard
two-day format.

For those unfamiliar with the ProSolo format, here is a *very* brief

Two cars start at the same time on two mirror-image courses using a
dragstrip-style light tree. Timing starts with the green light and if you
launch ahead of the green, you will "red light" and DNF the run. As you finish
the short straight from the lights, the left car will turn left and follow one
course, the right car does the same on the right course.

At the finish you will see your time and your competitor's. You will then swap
sides and run that opposite side course.

At a "real" ProSolo, we get eight runs the first day and four the second--how
we run this as a one-day event has yet to be determined. Howard has some ideas
for the format that should be FUN for all of us and we will pass those on as
they develop.

I realize some of you would rather have all events as straight Solo II events.
I also realize that more than a few would love some additional practice at
this particular format. Since it is impossible to please everyone, I decided
to do this because:

     a.  we are also here to have fun and this IS fun
     b.  some of our folks travel to ProSolo events and this is more practice.
     c.  Lindsay was able to add one more event at World Arena on July 30
         (So you are not losing a Solo II, you are gaining a ProSolo)
     d.  I want to

Car classes are the same as we have been using all year.

I considered ( for two seconds) sending this out to the list for comment. Then
I thought about how long the tire coupon discussion went on.
Naaahhhh. ;-)

Cliff Lawson
Colorado Region Solo Chair
ctlawson@compuserve.com