Z Cars

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Z Cars
From: Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:46:10 -0500
>Specific questions:
>Are there certain model years to look for (like our 67.5 2000's)
>Are there certain model years to avoid (no Roadster comparison here)
>Where are the rust areas
>What other things should I look for, both good & bad

As in Roadsters, the earlier ones are more valuable and in my opinion more
desirable.  1970-1972 are the best years, with 1973 close behind.  Watch out
for a 1973 with the original carbs.  It will not run (1st year with heavy
emission controls).  Probably hard to find one out there that hasn't swapped
to the earlier carb setup.  1974 260Z's should be avoided. 1975-1978 280Z's
are good cars, fuel injected not carbeurated..  Watch out for rust and all
the other normal stuff.  A lot of these cars have been driven hard and can
fall victim to PO tricks and traps.  Taken care of, I think that they might
last forever.  Mine is coming up on 200,000 miles and is a blast to drive.
Lot's of info out there, and lots of parts and support.

Just my 2 cents.  Good luck.

Chris Brucciani
Marietta, GA
1968 2000