Re: Film development?s

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>,
Subject: Re: Film development?s
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:43:11 -0500
>  Has any one tried photworks.com for developing 35mm film?  I have a free
>offer to develop a roll with prints and electronic copies.  And since this
>past weekend was roadsters racing at MidOhio, I have a roll ready to go.

Although they may do a good job, I've always been a bit leery of letting
even semi-valuable film get any further away from me than a trusted local
processor, even if it's just a one hour place you've had good results
from before. Yes, I've have had film lost before, and that was in a
situation where I dropped the film off at a local FotoMat and it was
supposed to have been taken to their local lab and then returned to the
location where I dropped it off originally.

"Gee..., ah...Mr. Day..., we..., ah... can't find your film, but we'll
replace it for you! No..., we can't send you back so you can reshoot the
pictures. What do you mean,...where the sun don't shine?! Wouldn't you
need flash in that case?!

What!!?? Me paranoid? No way! Well maybe just a bit. <grin>

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)