Re: tranny leak

To: motormite@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tranny leak
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:19:36 EDT
<< It would more than likely be the cause of the leak.
BZ >>

Oh...... I sure hope so.  Funny thing was that i was revving it up at around
5500 in third and then went into fourth.  I slowed the pace alittle and
noticed a strong smell of fluid.  I looked in my rearview and saw a huge
cloud of smoke.  "Oh no.....!"  I pulled over and looked underneath the car
and saw a nice steady dripping on the front right side.  I got back in
wanting to make the drive back home since I was still pretty far from home.

Ten miles later I heard a rattle.  I pulled over again and saw the speedo
cable dragging.  I tucked it into the frame holes and made it home without
incident.  I also didnt have any more tranny fluid smell.  The shifting was
smooth if not smoother then before.  (Strange huh...?)  I have yet to hook up
the cable but I do have a question.  Would the leak stop due to the level
dropping?    If I wereto answer this question I would have to say yes.

Any imput would be great.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
1967.5 SRL Solex (Taching out this morning....!)