rear brakes again

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear brakes again
From: "Amy & Erik" <apotter@mn.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 02:08:08 -0500
I had asked a question of the list about rear brakes on my 2L 1600,
unfortunately my photographic memory was more like a sketchy memory when
describing the problem.  I finally have my car at home and not an hour away-
so I went to the garage to see exactly what was rubbing.  The metal part of
the pads is rubbing on the inside wall of the drum- (not on the lining).
There are three little bumps in the metal that hit the "pad locator bumps"
on the backing plate.  They are on both sides of the pad.  This is what is
scraping on my drums when I turn.  I ground a small amount off of them to
see if that would help- it did a little.  The flange with the studs moves in
and out very slightly, could this be the cause?  What would I do to correct
this?
Erik Smeby
2L1600 "Stu" in my own garage
0L 2000 parts car- still an hour away.