lights etc

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: lights etc
From: "Amy & Erik" <apotter@mn.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:02:19 -0500
Has anybody else had the problem(I guess) of the side marker lights
grounding through the body?  I hooked up my positive wire to the lights
while trying to chase down a short and found that the light worked by
grounding through the light housing. Same happened with my license plate
light- hooked up positive only and it worked.

One of my teardrop front sidemarkers is the source of a short.  When the
bulb housing touches the body- the fuse blows.  The inside is corroded so
much that I can't get the bulb out.  I assume that the grounding problem I
am having with my other lights will eventually end up doing the same as the
teardrop light.

At least I chased down the source of my short in 2 seconds- is that a new
record?  ( it was just by luck so perhaps it doesn't count. --Hmm, if I
wiggle this thingy the fuse blows- Viola'!)

Does anybody have a picture of how they modified the tranny mount on a 1600
to work with a 2000 5spd?  I am getting sick of hearing the tranny knock
around

Erik Smeby
2L1600 finally in my own garage.
Little kid goes by in the stroller, sees the car in the driveway and yells
with glee to his parents " Look, Its Stewart Little's Car!"