long trips

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: long trips
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:59:39 -0500
Does it count if you tow the Roadster?  My adventure this summer took 26
days and 5800 miles.  Donna and I did a top-down roadster side trip of 400
miles when we went to Mt Ranier and Mt St Helens in the same day, and we did
a 200 mile side trip up to Crater Lake while waiting for a repair shop to
weld up the hole in my motor home gas tank, so that's another 600 for a
total of 6400 miles.  I don't know if Tom Phelan's solo drive from East
Coast to West Coast and back in his roadster would count because he had a
several month "turnaround" at Vista, CA.  TDROC has gone from Texas to
Missouri and back as a club, and we went from Texas to Colorado and back,
but that was over a several day period each time.  I wanted to have a trip
where we toured only the border around Texas, but that would also take more
than a day. Has anyone done a "One Lap Of" for their state? You would have
to be less than , say, 30 or 50 miles from the border at all times, drive on
paved roads, and stay inside the state.  Except for Death Valley I think
Californians could do a "One Lap".  I don't know about Nevada.  Does New
York State have paved roads?  You could simply sit in your parked car in
Rhode Island and do a "One Lap".  I'll make a route for Texas if anyone
wants it.

Thanks again to Calspeed and his family for the wonderful hospitality while
we were in San Francisco, to Les Cannady for his help with my suspension
problems, and for the warm reception all you Shasta folks gave us on our
trip.  I wish we were closer.  We'll try to make it back out there soon, and
you're always welcome here in Texas.  Our next TDROC meet is in New
Braunfels in August, and you're all invited.

Leisure Suit Terry