Re: The BRIC at Road America

To: <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>, "ROADSTER LIST" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The BRIC at Road America
From: "Dave Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 03:43:58 -0700
John,

I have a 69 2000 with the same size tires. I followed my wife at 70 mph.
down I-5 and the "speedo" read 85 @ 3500 RPM. Coincidence? I think not. A
while back there were some interesting posts on figuring out the proper
"speedo" gear to correct the variation. Something to do with finding the
speed difference at 50 MPH. Dividing the radius of the tire by Pi, X  the
odometer reading, checking the angle of the sun in relation to... well, I'm
not really sure that I fully understood the calculation, but it sure sounded
like it would work to me. ;-) Perhaps someone remembers and can re-post the
information for both of us.

Dave.
srl311-10444
NOWROC