Re: Upper Tensioner Shimming

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upper Tensioner Shimming
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:56:32 -0700
Dick Tillinger makes a shim kit that includes a selection of shims in different
thicknesses. In a
pinch, I've used regular hardware store washers with the correct inside
diameter, but I had to grind
one side flat because the outside diameter was too big. I'd be concerned about
using anything
plastic. The possibility exists that it might shatter.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org