Re: Fairlady Products SU Air Filters

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fairlady Products SU Air Filters
From: Mark Hatch <mhatch@ics.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:23:42 -0400
>Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 15:21:27 -0700
>From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
>Subject: Fairlady Products SU Air Filters
>Anybody on the list have an experience with these things? Their
>web site claims 6x the stock air flow. Also, if they work, do you
>recommend getting the optional velocity stacks as well?
>Jon Wissler
>69 2000
>Fairview, OR

I bought the Solex one with 50mm air horns underneath from Dean. Never ran
the stock ones, so I can't help you with a comparison. But the Solex one
looks nice and appears very functional with the huge foam area, should be
very free flowing.

Have heard Ross of Sports Imports mention several times that he got a
*much* bigger boost over the stock air box by running two 2000 Solex air
filters bolted on top of each other. So I suspect that at least the Solex's
are choked by the stock air box. Not sure whether the SU's have the same
problem or not.

Mark
-
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc.
Visual Development Tools for Professionals

617-621-0060 x108 (voice)
617-621-9555 (fax)

201 Broadway
Cambridge, MA 02139