Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this weekend!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this weekend!
From: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:17:34 -0400
Dear Fellow Roadsterites,

So you missed SHASTA?

Have no regrets!

This weekend is the climax of the annual PVGP: including 2 days of an
impressive car show and even more impressive vintage car racing in Schenley
Park, in the Oakland district of Pittsburgh, adjacent to Carnegie Mellon
University.

Admission is free for people and $20/car for the Sat.only show, $15/car for
the Sun. only show, and $25/car for showing both Sat. and Sun .  All
proceeds go to charity.  The PVGP is run by volunteers.

I'll set up a Roadster line Saturday morning about 9:00, with our OROC
banner flying, and leave word at the registration booth where to look for
us. Likely our Roadsters will be placed in the "EUROPEAN" section, since
the only other non-American section is "BRITISH"!

Please send me email if you plan to join in the fun, and for which day.
That way I can try to hold enough spaces for the Roadsters to be together.

The races begin about 9:30 or 10:00, with qualifying heats Sat. and finals
Sunday.  If you are planning a 1-day trip, I suggest making it Saturday.

Here are generic driving directions to the PVGP from within the Pgh. area:

Find I-376, which runs East from the "point" at downtown Pgh., where the 3
rivers meet.

Take 376 to Exit 8, "Squirrel Hill."
        If you are coming from the East, likely you'll get onto 376W at the PA
Turnpike exit 6 -- Pgh./Monroeville.  It is about 10 miles on 376W to the
Squirrel Hill exit 8, just after the Squirrel Hill tunnel.
        If you are coming from the South, West, or North, likely you will get
onto
376E at the Fort Pitt bridge, at the "point" downtown, and it is about 4.5
miles to the Squirrel Hill exit 8.

Stay to the left on the exit 8 ramp and make the first left turn, towards
"Squirrel Hill."

Proceed to the first traffic light, governing about 6 corners' of traffic.

Make an ordinary (not excessive) left turn onto MURRAY Ave.

Follow Murray Ave less than 1 mile until you reach FORBES Ave.  There is a
parking garage on the far-right corner.

PAMELA'S RESTAURANT IS TO THE RIGHT OF THE PARKING GARAGE, ON FORBES.
PAMELA'S HAS THE BEST HOTCAKES IN PGH!

Assuming that you are not stopping at Pamela's, make a left turn from
Murray onto Forbes.

Go about 1/2 mile on Forbes Ave. and you'll see the Schenley Park entrance
directly ahead, at the Stop Sign.  (Forbes Ave. continues to the right,
whereas you go straight ahead into the park.)  The registration booth is at
that end of the park and the "EUROPEAN" section is not far beyond.

PVGP 2000 has a web site: http://trfn.clpgh.org/pvgpa/2000/ that includes a
map & schedule of events on its "poster/registration" button.

I hope to see you there this weekend!

Best,
Teddy
69 2000