Egged car - suggestions - WLCo.

To: jfried@anv.net
Subject: Egged car - suggestions - WLCo.
From: WayneLoom@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:35:10 EDT
John

I am Wayne of Wayne Loomis Company.  I sell auto detailing supplies including
Meguiars and 3M.  Your cleanup with the #2 Fine Cut Cleaner was a good, safe
step but as you noticed the egg left etched p[aint behind.  The Fine Cut
would clean that up but it might rake much more time than you wish to spend.
There are 4 additional levels of Cleaners in Meguiars' Mirror Glaze line:

#1 Medium Cut Cleaner is close to the same aggresiveness but designed for 1
step paints (#2 is for 2 step)

#4 Heavy Cut Cleaner is the next significant step up in aggresiveness.  It is
for heavy to severe oxidation and moderate scratches (etch)

#84 Compound Power Cleaner is a mild compound and therefore more aggressive
yet.

#85 Diamond Cut Cleaner is about a aggressive as you can get.

All of these material use diminishing abrasives which break down as you work
with them.  This allows them to take out the majority of the their own marks
that are left behind.   So, since regular compounds don't diminish, they will
be more aggressive yet.

3M make a mild compount - Perfect It II - and a more aggresive compound -
Super Duty.

I'm telling you all this because the etch in you paint can be removed, BUT in
order to do so you mudt remove additional paint.  Think or a scratch.  It
might look like a "V"in cross section.  You can't bring the bottom up so you
must take the top (paint) down.

You must decide how far to go.  My advice is to just improve it to the point
that you can live with it instead of removing the scratch completely.

LMK if you need any of these products.  We can also discuss subsequent steps
to maximize the results.

Wayne (Sam) Loomis