<all> Shasta pics/video

To: 240z-club <240z-club@peak.org>,
Subject: <all> Shasta pics/video
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:56:10 -0700
I am looking for photos and/or video from the two Shasta events for an
upcoming issue. Unfortunately, I can't use anything that has already
been put on the web or otherwise published. The photos/video can be
reprinted on the web (or elsewhere) *after* they appear in ZCCD. But we
can not run reprint photos of current events in the magazine. So if you
have some shots and want to make a little cash, plus get to use them in
your website or where ever, later, contact me before you put your stuff
on the web.

For those of you who didn't make Shasta this year, you really missed
a(two) great event(s)! Start making plans now to be there next year or
you're going to be kicking yourself. We had lots more Zs, Roadsters and
other classic Datsuns at the all Datsun meet and the turn out at the
Roadster event was up too. The track day was awesome and Thunderhill is
a great track for both the experienced driver and the novice. The nearly
3 mile course with 15 turns and at least 4 or 5 noticeable changes in
elevation (ask some of the novices about turn 5's elevation changes :-)
makes for a challenging, technical course. But the driving school
approach that Peggy and Dennis take, makes it easy for novices to learn
the proper lines and where the track is tricky. This is a great track
day to either get some extra seat time or find out how fun running on a
real race track can be. And no you don't need a special car or anything
(as proven by the fact that I was able to run my 82 280ZX turbo with the
automatic trans and still turn respectable laps while having a heck of a
good time). We do need to see more Roadsters at the track day next year
for sure.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher