Re: fair price for 1500 in southern california?

To: <chris-datsun@tinker.ucr.edu>,
Subject: Re: fair price for 1500 in southern california?
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:13:26 -0500
chris-datsun@tinker.ucr.edu wrote

>  The current owner wants $4000, which I think is really high.  The price
>guide
>that I found is a bit dated (1993) and doesn't cover the spl310.
>  I'm comfortable with working on old cars (I currently own 3 old volvos,
>one
>of which is nearly mint with 135k miles, one has many more and runs well but
>needs body work, and the last is waiting to donate its motor and transmission
>to a worthy cause).  The volvos actually seem pretty similar to the 1500 --
>dual SU carbs, overhead valve valve train, mushy brakes; the works...
>  *if* it actually has all the chrome intact and the extra head + two sets
>of carbs and extra intake, and the seat frame for the 3rd seat and a soft top
>frame and a hard top frame, is it worth my target price of $2500 + either a
>volvo (the crappy one) or an 87 tercel?
>  It's not that I can't afford more, it is just the principal of getting an
>okay deal...
>chris
Chris,
     Now, I have a 70 1600 and I'm not overly familiar with the 1500s ,
but your offer of $2500 for what sounds like a nice project car sounds
fair.  Are you lacated near any list members? Is there someone who you
can drag with you to give you a second opinion? Good luck!

Marc T.

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX