It wasn't a Roadster, but. . .

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: It wasn't a Roadster, but. . .
From: "Robin Krause" <robinkrause@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 11:09:34 PDT
I was at the SOVREN races at SIR on Saturday and one of our car corral
neighbors and Northwest Datsun Enthusiast member, Don Pappas, took 2nd in
the 60-70's class with a VERY nice 240Z.  Keep in mind that there were many
well restored European cars there.  It's always nice to see a Datsun win!

All car corral participants got to do a parade lap (3 actually).  What a
thrill!  I can see why racing can get into your blood.  Granted, we weren't
swapping paint and had to stay in line, but wow, what an experience.

The races themselves were a joy to watch.  I couldn't believe the goosebumps
when the cars completed their pace lap and accelerated across the starting
line.  This is just not the same as watching stock cars.  This is history on
the track.  Bob Haug sat with us for a couple of the races and he was giving
me the run down on the cars, the drivers, and the VALUE of the cars.  I
learned so much.

High point of the day - Seeing a 1600 on the track painted a green that
makes mine look conservative. <G>  Actually, seeing quite a few roadsters on
the track was a high point.

Robin
Redmond, WA
68 1600