Roadster ride on the 4th of July

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster ride on the 4th of July
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 19:19:22 -0400
  Time for a simply roadster story?  It started out with plans to be a busy
day.  Up at 4 am and on the road by 5.  Off to pick up a friend for a
sunrise 5 mile hike in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park (Ohio).  Hit the
trail head before 6 and we were attacked by swarms of misquotes by 6:02.  We
managed to get in about 2 miles before calling it quits.  Too early for a
good restaurant to be open so we settled on breakfast at Bob Evans.  Back
home by 9:00.  Shower and a nap and then to the web to catch up on Rob's
newest additions to the Datsun.org/Fairlady pages, always great reading.
thanks, Rob!  Clean out the garage a bit, how exciting.
  Then Kathy comes out and asks if we can take the roadster out for ice
cream.  Off comes the hard top, left over from the rains at MidOhio last
weekend and we're off.  Got a few waves from a Vette and a Miata as we
headed out.  Managed to squeal the tires through the corner by some ones
family picnic.  That gathered some looks and a few waves,  Stopped to look
at a 1965 Robin blueTriumph Spitfire (needed paint but no rust, very solid &
complete, especially for a Mark II.  Only 39,000 asking $4000.  Hiram,
Ohio ).  To nice of a day to stay and talk so we were off again.  Mandatory
stop at McD's for the 25 cent ice cream cone.  Took the long loop home
because the road curves better that direction.

  Great day to celebrate our freedom!

Paul & Kathy Kort
Ohio Roadster Owners Club
1969 SPL311-25812