Re: GRASSROOTS INFERNO - IT STINKS!! (V LONG)

To: Tom Householder <tomhouse@integrityonline.com>
Subject: Re: GRASSROOTS INFERNO - IT STINKS!! (V LONG)
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 18:33:12 -0700
Tom Householder wrote:

> Rob- Your subject line says it all... your response to this whole
> thing stinks.
> Start pumping the brakes before you have a heart attack.
> __Tom

Tom, you're out of line here. Rob's response does not stink, in fact as
you will see from my other post on the list to this thread, I know
exactly how upset he was, and his posts were entirely predictable. You
made a mistake. You used Rob's webpage as a source and ended up allowing
his language to work its way into what was supposed to be your article.
Its not that big a deal if you admit it and offer to make amends. It is
easy enough to do, in fact it is hard to avoid sometimes, especially if
you aren't a professional writer. Folks will understand that and will
forgive you, if you are big enough to admit your error. But the fact is,
based on what I saw, you did infringe on Rob's copyrights and did so to
profit from it. You should offer to send Rob half of what GRM paid you
and make a simple apology on the list. That should be enough for Rob
(provided this doesn't escalate any further) and end it all right here
and now as far as you are concerned. The rest will be between Rob and GRM.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher