distributor

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: distributor
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 16:50:19 -0700
Was looking over the parts of my disassembled distributor in preparation of
putting it back together. I have an early 67 mechanical advance unit. There
is a wire inside about 4" long with a U-shaped spade connector at each and.
This wire once gave me fits years ago when the insulation became worn from
rubbing on the rotor and it shorted out #1 piston causing an intermittant
miss. The wire is covered in a cloth mesh fabric. Is there any reason why I
can't replace this wire with plastic insulated automotive grade wire?

Since I am putting it back together, any sage advice on what to look out for
would be greatly appreciated as well.

Paul
67 1600