Fwd: Broken F#&@^!%#@%^$@ Windshield..

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Broken F#&@^!%#@%^$@ Windshield..
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 23:11:57 EDT
--part1_be.6035454.26900cfd_boundary

From: CarterCM@aol.com
Full-name: CarterCM
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 22:55:28 EDT
Subject: Re: Broken F#&@^!%#@%^$@ Windshield..
To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu

dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu writes:

<< the whole bottom left corner is pulverized!!!!
 And I already signed for it.... am I screwed or what?? How do I get this
 replaced go after ups or the people who shipped it to me?? Or both?? >>

Daniel,
Report the damage ASAP to UPS (1-800-PICK-UPS) and to the supplier. SAVE the
packaging materials for evidence...UPS will come back and inspect or pick it
up.

Most suppliers will normally just reship a new item to you and they file a
claim with UPS...I recommend approaching your supplier as if this were the
case.

HOWEVER, check your paperwork fine print to see if you have "agreed" to take
responsibility as soon as the item left the suppliers doorstep. If so, you
may have to get in a dog fight with the supplier if the item is over $100
because UPS's liability is limited to proven damages up to an amount not
exceeding USD $100 unless a higher value has been declared to UPS by the
shipper before shipment (i.e. extra insurance is paid for). BTW this is a
bargain @$0.35 per $100 additional value for expensive items.

Good luck,

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA