Re: halogen lights

To: raycole@mindspring.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: halogen lights
From: Davesmbox@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 22:48:31 EDT
There are 2 types of halogen lamps available. The sealed beam and the H4. The
sealed beam will give somewhat better lighting and are street legal. They
draw the same wattage as stock lights. The H4s are not street legal but are
much brighter. It is my understanding that they are illegal not because they
are brighter but because of some outdated federal law against non sealed beam
headlights. With these you replace the bulb and keep the lens assembly. You
can get the bulbs in standard 55/60 watt or go all the way up to 130 watt.
The 55/60 is what stock bulbs draw and will not get you into trouble with the
cops. Anything brighter will cause problems with both you electric system and
local law enforcement. I love the H4,its worth the money. You can buy them at
speed shops and on ebay but I have often seen them sell for more on ebay than
you can get them off the shelf. Don't let the high price scare you, keep in
mind when they burn out you replace only the H4 bulb. I have a site that I
bought light from, I will try and post it live. I only bought from these
guys, I have no connection with them. Click on HELLA <A
HREF="http://catalog.com/susq/index.htm";>Susquehanna MotorSports Welcome</A>
Dave