[no subject]

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:49:24 -0400
A few weeks ago I replaced the plugs on my car for the first time in several
years ( I don't use it as much as I would like but I had it stolen once and
before that vandalized once for the cheap ass radio I had in it) and I
noticed the rear plugs were black with carbon. Yesterday I replaced the
float needle to see if it was a leaky needle but to no avail. My trusty but
old Colortune told me I had to turn the mixture adjustment to the minimum.

Things which I changed prior to noticing the problem (or at least I think
so):
    1.    Cut off rear resonator and replaced it with straight pipe.
    2.    Pertronix ignition.
    3.    New Facet electric fuel pump (checked yesterday for fuel pressure
and it was OK @ 3 lbs)

Things which I replaced/checked since the problem became evident:
    1.    Timing
    2.    Valve clearances
    3.    Changed float needle
    4.    Balance of the carbs w/unisyn.
    5.    Disassembled the dome and checked needle and jets and movement
    6.    Choke mechanism to check if it was sticking

Any ideas????????

'66 Mike from NYC