Re: Intake Manifold Heater

To: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>,
Subject: Re: Intake Manifold Heater
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:23:05 -0700
The reason for heating the manifold is not for emissions, it is for part
throttle low speed driving..  the as the gas evaporates into the air it
cools the intake off .At part throttle low speed the cool manifold  causes
the gas to condensate and stick to the walls, this leans out the mixture and
causes missing, and then  once tha amount of gas sticking to the manifold
wall gets large enough it is sucked into the cylinder cause a over rich
mixture that can foul out the plugs.  There is very little HP gained by
blocking off the water thought the manifold..Because at open throttle the
air is moving so fast there is little heat picked up off the manifold.....
so better to leave it functioning...on a street car ..

Mike Kerr
Restoration Products
3730 todrob Ln.
Placerville, CA 95667