Re[2]: Best looking "parts" car I've ever seen

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, michael landskroner <datsunmike@juno.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Best looking "parts" car I've ever seen
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 17:27:00 -0700
Amazing, isn't it? Buying the head gasket won't bust your wallet (around
$20). Every so often a $500 car like this pops up, where an owner abandons
it for the simplest of reasons. Many PO's just don't know how to maintain
the engines. I bought my Blondee as a parts car that hadn't run for years.
A swap of the water pump and distributor made me a happy driver (and it's a
gutsy 1600).

$500 bargains are often worth it. Be sure you can check it out, or bring a
mechanic along to see how much needs fixing. If more than $2000 is needed
to fix it then ask yourself why you need it, because a runner may be far
cheaper (an urge to wrench every weekend?).

Fred - So.SF
'70 1600 Blondee