Re: 67.5 Saftey Feature

To: datsunmike@juno.com, 9laser3@bright.net
Subject: Re: 67.5 Saftey Feature
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 20:58:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/00 4:11:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
datsunmike@juno.com writes:

<< Well, you can't just chrome plate one side and not the other, but what
 Datsun did do was not polish the metal smooth on the inside like the
 earlier cars. They left it with a texture. >>

Actually, what really happened was the inside of the frame was painted with a
silver paint.  If you look around the car you will see that there are several
pieces that were painted.  One of the interesting pieces were the interior
bolts that went into the rear fender humps behind the front seats.  I noticed
those when I stripped the interior and noticed that they were part shiney and
part dull.  I like it shiney so I took off the paint.  The vent window frames
were also painted.

As you probably noticed.  The 67.5 interior was less flashy then the '66
interior.  The guage trim was painted black.  (No chrome under that paint)
;>)  The steering wheel was fitted without chrome, the toggle switches also
received the dull silver touch.  As well did the ashtry cover.  This was due
to new DOT standards.  The car was just too bright inside and needed to be
toned down.

If you want to be original you can repaint the frame and other peices.
Otherwise polish away.  You can use a light steel wool and really start to
make it shine.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex
San Francisco, Ca