Re: Wind Shield replacement

To: nruffcorn@prodigy.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wind Shield replacement
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 23:23:36 EDT
In a message dated 05/21/2000 9:10:10 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
nruffcorn@prodigy.net writes:

<< Does the SS moulding just push in afterwards?

 > On the late model cars you put the windshield in with a rope. You need to
 get
 > a new rubber seal ( about 80-90 bucks I think) and put the new
 weatherstrip
 > around the new windshield, then wrap a rope around the groove in the
 outside
 > of the weatherstrip, squirt a little soapy water on it and pull the rope
 into
 > the interior a little at a time, so the groove seats on the lip of the
 > windshield frame. Not really very hard to do.
 >
 > Joseph Berkenbile
 > 70 1600
 > Warren Me

nruff,

Mine never had it, so I didn't have to put it back in. I remember Tom Phelan
telling me what a ^&*_#$% it is to get it in, though. I think you have to put
the moldings in first, then the whole assembly goes in with the rope.  Tom?

Joseph