Re: Wind Shield replacement

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wind Shield replacement
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 22:52:32 EDT
In a message dated 05/19/2000 1:48:07 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu writes:

<<  Hello All,
 >  Wow it seems like Shasta is jsut around the corner... And of course
 > there is a ton of things I want to do to my car beforehand..... What I
would
 > really really really like is to replace my old pitted - weird circular
hole-
 > patch thing windshield with a new one.  I remember this being talked about
 > in the past.  But I forget what the consensus was...
 >  And assuming that I do buy a new windshield how in the heck do you
 > go about installing one???
 >      Daniel 69 2000
 >      SF CAS
 >  >>

Daniel,
On the late model cars you put the windshield in with a rope. You need to get
a new rubber seal ( about 80-90 bucks I think) and put the new weatherstrip
around the new windshield, then wrap a rope around the groove in the outside
of the weatherstrip, squirt a little soapy water on it and pull the rope into
the interior a little at a time, so the groove seats on the lip of the
windshield frame. Not really very hard to do.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren Me