Re: stolen datsun

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stolen datsun
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 06:53:45 -0400

> white with black convertible top >>

  I hope you have pictures at home of the car because it may be the last you
have seen of it.  With our cars being so noticeable on the road and such a
small market for them, theft is rare.  One type theft would be a joy riding
bunch of kids.  They would have driven the tires off the car and abandoned
it when they were through.  The biggest worry would be theft by a pro who is
feeding a chop shop.  There is a good chance that by now your car is a pile
of sheet metal and misc.. parts.
  Look for a newly repaired roadster with fresh paint over new fenders, and
keep an eye on e-Bay for those misc..parts.  I hate to make this sound so
bad but it is reality today.  I really do hope your roadster is found and
returned to you, but as the days go by, your chances grow dim.

  Folks, you have read a few letters on the list about simple anti-theft
tricks.  Everything from the CLUB to hidden cut off switches.  Might be time
to take another look.  And as the value of these cars increases, so will the
number of thefts!

Paul