Re: Paul's buffing question

To: ristguitars@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Paul's buffing question
From: WayneLoom@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 20:13:03 EDT
Group

Victor is right about the time but expense is not that great.  Sand paper is
cheap and you only need to go down to about 400 grit.  I recommend Meguiars
Unigrit papers because the range of particle size is very small so the grit
is ALL about the same avoiding the large and small particles on common
automotive papers (the large grit dominates the finish).  After sanding,
Tripoli, will remove all the sanding marks.  Finally Rouge (White) to bring
out the brilliance and protect the finish.  Tripoli and Rouges are materials
that are applied to buffing wheels ( on brinders or drills) so the finger
effort is avoided.  Bars of these materials run $6 to $8.  With pads you can
set up for $30 to $40.

Supplies are my business if anyone is interested.

Wayne Loomis Co.
SRL311 #11995
& "The Dime"
SoCalROC member