Re: Copper Head Gesket

To: nruffcorn@prodigy.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Copper Head Gesket
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:08:07 EDT
In a message dated 05/11/2000 7:26:08 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
nruffcorn@prodigy.net writes:

<< "along with a mandatory radiator sealer might do the trick".......

 Isn't this a good idea no matter what?  Upon the advice of the best mechanic
 I know, after replacing the head gasket on my 2L (oil in the water if you
 remember) I added a bottle of radiator sealer as a precautionary measure.
 No problems since.  Besides discolored coolant, I am not aware of any
 disadvantages, are any of you?

 Nruff >>

Nruff,
Are you talking about the ground aluminum-type radiator sealers?  If so, the
one disadvantage is that if the radiator is at all plugged up, it will plug
it the rest of the way up.  Had this happen in the California desert in the
summer in a Toyota--my wife was 7 months pregnant with twins at the time.....

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren Me