Re: Dwell Adjustments

To: road <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dwell Adjustments
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 16:10:27 -0500
Good catch by Gordon on one of my wonderful errors...

Duh... OK, I need to insure I have LOTS of coffee before hitting
reply. ;-)

Yes, you should gap the points at 0.022" as they will CLOSE
as the rubbing block wears down. (0.018" to 0.022")

The SPARK PLUGS should be gapped tight when installed as
the will OPEN the gap as they wear down. 0.028" to 0.032",
gap to 0.028" before installing them.

Tom "gasp... me make a mistake? ;-)" Walter
Austin, TX.

P.S. A friend stopped by and noticing I was making
up some little plugs asked about the "can full of them".
I just smiled... if you want a PERFECT ITEM MACHINED...
make a 101 of them... first hundred are just practice.