Re: panasport wheels-why 15inchers

To: GGlass@simitar.com, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: panasport wheels-why 15inchers
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 17:04:00 EDT
regarding previous post about panasport price:
162 for 14s is very good...
lowest price I saw for the 15s
is 172 at tire rack (plus shipping no doubt)
One important thing I learned
after walking around Classic Datsun In California,
the 14s do not have a center cap that clears
the strange big roadster hub in front...
the 15 inchers fit fine and center cap fits on fine.
Were I to suddenly become well off enough
to buy a set instead of just price them out and
think positive thoughts, I would get the 15s for
that reason alone.  Also, although you say
the 14s are good enough for you now,
keep in mind that wheel diameters  are marching
ever upwards, it is getting hard to find
high performance 14 inch tires these days.
my two cents.....
Jim
Chesapeake Va
67 pushrod 2L 5spd