Re: My "Cool Roadster"

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My "Cool Roadster"
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:36:54 PST8PDT
Back and forth banter has revealed:
> ...your car might be running too cool now...
> I can easily adjust engine temp higher by baffling part of my "high
>efficiency"
> rad. with "judiciously" sized cardboard...

Ummm, isn't this the purpose of the thermostat? Until the coolant is
hot enough to need cooling down, the thermostat blocks off flow
thru the radiator (except for the small amount the 'jiggler valve' lets
thru - which isn't much!).

-- John

p.s. re the brake lines rotting under those protective plastic sleeves:
been there, done that. Lose the sleeves!