Re: Painter or body shop in the Phoenix area

To: "David A. Fox" <dafox1@hotmail.com>, <jamesd_williams@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Painter or body shop in the Phoenix area
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 19:59:03 -0500
>Jim;
>
>This isn't exactly in the Phoenix area but there is a shop in Sierra Vista
>called 'The Body Shop'.  I think its one Wilcox Avenue.  The owner did a
>great job on my Toy.  He worked very closely with me on color selection.  He
>removed doors, trunklid, hood, all chrome, etc., material-blasted body down
>to metal and then proceeded to prep and paint.  The paint is now almost 14
>years old and with the exception of stone chips looks as good today as the
>day it was done.  He also did the necessary coordination [he did the leg
>work] to have all my chrome sent out to a shop he recommended for
>re-chroming.  The cost at the time was just over $3,000.00.  I highly
>recommend him.  If you want to see a pic of my car go to the link below and
>select Florida, my name is in my signature line.
>
>     http://www.datsunroadsters.com
Sigh, Wish I could say the same about my bare-metal respray.  Overall,
looks okay (from about 10 feet) but the paint has blistered in places
where I think there was moisture in the primer (not a big problem in AZ,
I imagine)  There was apparently crud lodged between fenders and rocker
panels, and recesses in the rear fenders, and rust has set in (the usual
roadster-rot places)  The car was repainted in North Hollywood CA , cost
about $3000.00 and I did all the chrome-removal, footwork, etc.  Still
looks okay from 10 feet though ;-)

Marc t.

Marc t.