Re: Solex/A cam question/Race engines

To: CarterCM@aol.com
Subject: Re: Solex/A cam question/Race engines
From: Jim Tyler <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 19:57:36 -0400
After Bob ran they did choke the snot out of the carbs since it was somewhat
upsetting to the SCCA to have a beat up old Datsun wipe the Nationals!
That rendered the 2000 pretty much noncompetitive for years afterward.

The factory cam grinds however, had nothing to do with any of it.  "Old Blue"
had a dynoed full race engine, way past the A & B cams.

btw, If anyone would like a fully dynoed R-16 race engine, I build engines
with the facility which did Studdard's engine way back when :-).   I learned
most of
what I know about making Roadster engines live from THE guy who developed
Studdards car.

Go Faster,
Jim