RE: Engine Mount Bolts

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Mount Bolts
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 11:35:13 -0500
Enigne Mount Bolts - 5/16" x 24 tpi (fine thread).

The roadsters started out with SAE fine thread on everything.

On the '67 & 1/2 car they went METRIC on "new items" like
the 5 main engine, U20 engine & 5 speed. Anything "new" to that
model year was do with Metric Bolts.

Things that carried over from earlier years remained SAE.
Chassis, Brakes, engine MOUNT bolts (while the bolts INTO
the engine changed to metric).

Very hand to have a box of 5/16" x 24tpi x 1" bolts around (I buy
them in a 100pc box), dittor for 5/16" x 24 tpi nuts. Just handy to
do things. Overkill, but I use grade 8 bolts. At least with the head
marking, and cadium plating, I know to grade my SAE wrenches.

Cheers,

Tom Walter   '68 2000
Austin, TX