Re: Solex/A cam question

To: spl310@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Solex/A cam question
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 01:09:00 EDT
spl310@hotmail.com writes:

<< How well do Solexes work with the A cam?  Is it an unwise move for a 2000?

The race car I have was raced in the late 80's with the Solex/A cam setup and
PO says it worked OK.

As I understand it, when Bob Studdard totally kicked ass in SCCA's E
Production in 1987, winning the Nat'l Championship, SCCA decided to change
the rules...Either run 32 mm chokes in the carbs with the B cam...or run the
A cam with Solex stock chokes, which he said worked much better.

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA
1970 SRL-311#-14100
1968 SRL DP Racecars