Re: Healeys

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healeys
From: "Sean Trevelyan" <daymore@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:53:47 +1000
I remember my introduction to Healy's.  In England in the (I think) early
'60's, and a date with a much older and very good looking guy.  The car I
fell in love with immediately - but there were a few problems.  The first
was that I could see the road through the passenger side floor - and the
first corner he took, the passenger door fell off.  He stopped the car,
retrieved the door and put it back on, and said "now this time hold on to
it".  I don't remember the guy at all, but that was when I fell in love with
Healy's.  I had a Mark I Sprite, then bought an MGA (but found that I
couldn't drive it, being so short, I could either reach the pedels or see of
the dashboard, but not both), then sold that for a Healy.  Then I married
and had kids and a few sensible cars (yuk!) but now into my second childhood
and after encouraging my son to buy the Datsun ('67 1600) and helping him do
so work on it, was more than happy to buy it from him when he bought a 300ZX
(a family car).  I guess what I lust after more than anything is a
MORGAN!!!!!!  But I don't think I'll ever have the money to buy one, and I
do love my Datsun.
Lynne