Healeys

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healeys
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 15:48:56 -0500
I lusted after a big Healy in the sixties, and a friend at that time owned a
new 1600 roadster that beat everything at the autocrosses (we called them
gymkhanas). When I had the chance at that time to buy a new car, I bought a
1966 Ford 390 GTA Fairlane.  It would out-accelerate both the Healy and the
Datsun, and would pull a travel trailer over 100 MPH (don't ask).  I'll bet
that I could take that $25,000 they're asking for the roadster and build a
truly awsome 1966 Fairlane that would tow a trailer WAY over 100 MPH, and
would autocross with the best of the big sedans.  But I still lust after a
big Healy.

Leisure Suit Terry