Re: exhaustive response to Nathan

To: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Subject: Re: exhaustive response to Nathan
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 10:44:22 PST8PDT
Fergus wrote (I think it was Fergus):
> ... my closer inspection has found a huge hole in a large hose (I think its
>  heater related) in that small 'alcove' area aft of the valve cover.

Sounds like the cowl drain tube. It hooks to a fitting under the airbox
(the metal grill in front of the windscreen), runs thru the firewall and
dumps the rainwater on the transmission :-) If you haven't rigged up
some sort of replacement (I don't think there's any intact originals out
there), I bet your carpets get wet when it rains :-)

-- John