Healyes and Datsuns

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healyes and Datsuns
From: "G-A-Russell" <G-A-Russell@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 19:07:55 -0500
When I was in the Air Force in 1965 I bought a 1962 Austin Healy Sprite. I
enjoyed the car but I got tired of being humiliated by
MGA's,MGB's,Triumphs,big Healys,and 1500 and 1600 Datsuns. Then I read an
article in Road and Track about the Datsun 2000 Roadster. Sold my Sprite and
bought a new 67.5 ,2000,Solex,roadster for $3,000. Put a set of 165
Pirelli's on it and went hunting. The humiliation ended and the fun began.
Most other sports car owners didn't have a clue as to what the red roadster
with the 2000 logo really was. Just another Japanese wantabee. It was a
"sleeper". I humbled many a British car owner with the lowly Datsun and
enjoyed every minute of it. I worked on a few Healy 6 cylinders and remember
them as being a long stroke, truck based , engine. The thing I remember most
about the 3000 is the exhaust sound.Low Rumble Lovely. Nice cars but by then
very long of tooth.
   Gary Russell