Missing!

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Missing!
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 08:01:40 -0500
Hello all,
My 68 2000 solex has been causing me mechanical concern lately. I bought
gas (high octane) 2 weeks ago and noticed that a miss started when I
give it a little gas. I figured that it was bad gas so I've been
checking the gas filter for crap. I've since filled the tank twice.
Found a small amount of black stuff in the filter so I changed it. Now
the gas in the bowl looks good but I still have the missing problem.
Could this be a timing or carb adjustment problem? Where should I start?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Steve Harvey