Re: Removing Temp sender in a U-20

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Removing Temp sender in a U-20
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 13:22:30 -0700
Hi Daniel,

It can be a battle getting the old sender out. There's a threaded cylinder
locking nut that holds it in. Maybe yours is missing (I have extras if you
need one). Unscrew this off the aluminum spacer block. If the sender won't
budge, then you will have to take off the thermostat housing, and work on
the sender from the inside of the spacer block.

Scrape away all the crud holding the sensor, apply some WD-40 and you
should be able to press out the sensor.

When you install the new sender, be sure you maintain good electrical
contact between the locking nut and the base of the sender, and with the
spacer block. Otherwise, your gauge won't get good readings.

BTW, be careful putting the thermostat in. Last year I cracked my housing;
those things are delicate.

Fred - So.SF